Lexan Upgrade: +$15
Examples of Lexan applications
This option is for 1/4 inch abrasion resistant Lexan material.This material is a virtually indestructible material suitable for high impact applications, such as bullet resistant windows, boat windshields, lightweight bicycle gear sprockets, etc. This is abrasion resistant lexan, with a 10 year manufacture’s warranty, and does not yellow with sun exposure. Paradoxically, lexan is actually a soft material, so this AR Polycarbonate is specially formulated lexan designed to resist minor scruffs, wear, and constant exposure to the elements. You will come to very much appreciate this abrasion lexan offered only by Windblox for years after your purchase.
Invisible Straps: +$10
(Contrasting against the standard nylon webbing)
- Optional clear straps makes your windblocker look invisible.
- All straps are 5/8 inches wide. Standard straps are black, (The black nylon straps are already included in the base cost.) of nylon webbing. The invisible straps of clear vinyl.
- The clear vinyl is tough and pliable, will not weaken or become brittle or yellow with age. This is the same material used on garden sheds, boat windows, and other abusive-prone environments.
- Strong material. Each straps by itself is rated to carry the pressure of the windblocker, so having multiple straps is over-engineering.
Tints: Smoke +$10.
- The tints are infused in the material – it is not an overlay material.
- Optional smoke or bronze tints are available for +$15.
- Optional colored tints (blue, orange, yellow, and red) are available for +$20, and may take up to an extra week for shipping.
- Only the smoke tint is available with lexan.
Glass Edge: +$15
Looks like glass. This option give the windscreen edge the look of glass, of a dim green glow. This tint is visible when viewed from the edge, and not within the main body surface. Note: this option is available only with clear acrylic. It is not available with lexan or other tints.
Rubber Edge: +$40
Here is the rubber edge around the perimeter of a BMW Z3 windscreen. A rubber bead protects against dropping and abrasion against your car, attached to the perimeter of the windscreen.